To claim your lost pet:
(1) Please call the shelter right away if your pet is listed above (or if you recognize him/her and can help us find their owner).
(2) There is a claim fee of $35 to help cover our costs of providing your pet the best of care while they've been away from home. If your pet has required medical attention while in our care (required immunizations/illness/etc.) there could be additional costs.
GHS does NOT assess fines.
(3) Bring with you the animal's medical records and/or personal photos for proof of ownership.
Surrendering a pet:
(1) Please call the shelter for an appointment to bring your cat/dog in.
(2) There is a $25 surrender fee to help cover our costs in caring for the animal until it finds the right forever home.
(3) Bring with you all paperwork and medical records that you have for the pet. Photo ID is required as well.
**Gateway Humane Society is a NO-KILL shelter. The animals that we take in remain in our care until they find their new family. This means that our kennels are usually full and we must use a waiting list for accepting new animals into our care. Taking an animal in on the spot is not typically possible, please call ahead to be sure space is available.
If you have found a stray dog or lost a pet please call the county
Dog Enforcement Officer:
Jefferson Co- Jamie Carlson 814-935-1544
Clearfield Co - Karen Shick 814-386-0306
Claim or Surrender a Pet
Gateway Humane Society, Falls Creek, PA
At this time we have a waiting list for cats & dogs.
We are no longer able to take in feral cats.
If you would like to be added to the list please call the shelter @ 375-0505 and leave your name, number, and brief description of the animal. We’ll call to confirm your information and let you know if we can add your pet to that list.
Info for Jefferson & Clearfield County wardens/officers:
Jefferson/Elk County Dog Warden: 814-935-1544 (Jamie Carlson)
Jefferson County Humane Officer: 814-375-1812 (Debbie McAndrew)
Clearfield County Dog Warden: 814-386-0306 (Karen Shick)
Clearfield County Cruelty Officers: 814-765-2220 (Melissa Fenton)
Please see bottom of page for current updates!